Monday, October 24, 2011

Coming Back!

Just got back in this evening from a long weekend in California, where I've been for the 2011 American Impressionist Society annual juried show at Mountainsong Galleries in Carmel-by-the-Sea. There's something about little hamlets that have hyphenated names...you just know the place is special. The entire area reminds me of The Shire, which, if you're a Lord of the Rings nerd like I am, will paint a very accurate picture and will probably make you want to visit. If you get the chance, go.

Anyway, my painting, Sous-Sus, is part of the exhibit, which will be hanging until mid November. You can see the show here.

Got a chance to check out 17-Mile Drive while we were there. I lived in Monterey in my early 20's and hadn't really spent much time there since. Turned out to be a break I didn't realize I needed. But I'll be back to daily painting and posting tomorrow. In the meantime, this is why I've been out of the studio for a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment